I’ve been tagged by the gorgeous Rianna Beth from Bohemian Wanderlust to answer a few questions about the holidays. Rianna is from Australia so her’s are more summer-time related, see the post here. Even though I’m living in Spain it is still chilly here and is still the winter season. So I’ve brought the tagged back to being winter related.
+ + + + + +
1. what is your favourite holiday tradition?
To be honest I haven’t actually got a typical ‘family’ tradition around Christmas. Saying that though Mark and I without fail every Christmas have to hunt out a Chocolate Christmas Yule Log with a fudge filling, it has to have the fudge filling! It’s not the same otherwise. Always with fresh pouring cream too. We’ve spent a few Christmases overseas and finding real fresh cream is harder than it sounds, especially in the middle of the desert!
2. what are your favourite go-to winter lippies?
I’m more of a lipgloss kind of girl and love nudes and natural pinks. But in December I do love to pull out the bright red lippie for a festive night out!
3. what is your favorite winter scent? (candles, perfumes, etc)
Christmas candles are the best. Bath and Body Works do some lush ones! I haven’t been to the States for ages so I’m all out! I will stock up when we visit next year though.
4. what is your go-to winter fashion trend?
I love to wear little skirts with black tights in the winter. With ankle or knee-high boots. I love the over the knee boots at the mo and really want to get a pair of flat ones. I have heeled ones for the evening, but I think a flat pair would be great for the day-time when out and about. Plus I can’t drive very well in heels!
5. what is your all time favourite holiday movie?
Oh crumbs there are so many to choose from!
I do love Home Alone, The Holiday and Love Actually.
6. what is your all time favourite holiday song?
Mariah Carey – All I want for Christmas
7. do you prefer to travel during the holidays or stay at home?
It all depends really. This year we’re staying at home and having a low-key casual Christmas, which I’m really looking forward too!
8. what are your two favourite winter skin care must haves?
A good hand-cream and lip-balm. I always suffer with chapped hands and lips so I can’t go through winter without these two!
9. what is your favourite winter hair care must-have?
Winter or Summer I always have to have a decent conditioner.
10. what is your favourite winter activity?
Mark has quite a stressful responsible job, so whenever he has some free time we just love to relax and take it easy.
11. what is your must have winter beauty product?
I do love my Hoola bronzer from Benefit. I always go all pale in the winter so it’s nice to keep a little summer glow going!
12. do you love the snow or hate it?
It’s lovely to look at, but such a pain when you’ve actually got to go out in it and get stuff done.
13. what is one item on your wishlist this year?
Since the recent loss of our beloved kitten Rocco, I wish (and pray) that my other four fur-babies are all healthy and live a long and happy life.
14. what is your favourite holiday treat?
We love these spiced German biscuits you can get in Lidl and Aldi called Lebkuchen. They are to die for and we always buy tons of boxes!
15. holiday shopping – finished before December or last-minute?
We’re not really doing presents this year for each other as we’ve spent a lot on our house recently. We’ve also agreed with family not to also. So it’s been very stress free!
+ + + + + +
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my answers! It was quite fun actually and a good way to start getting in the Christmas spirit!
I also tag you guys to answer these questions! Either on your own blog or in the comments below! Love to read yours too!